Ok, so I feel like I'm cheating a little bit because the photos for this post are actually from last fall.…However, these were the best pumpkin bars I have ever had so I felt it was only right to share! I stumbled upon the recipe for these delicious bars on the Food Network site (hehe). They come from the dessert queen, Miss Paula Deen (I think it's obvious now why they're sooo good!). She also includes a recipe for cream cheese frosting (which you can find on their website, here)…I don't particularly care for cream cheese so I opted not to make it, but the choice is yours. They certainly don't need it by any means, they're perfect as is! I highly recommend making these little treats this season, you won't be disappointed! Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounce can pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13"x10" baking pan with non stick spray
- With a stand or hand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together remaining ingredients
- then add to the pumpkin mixture until combined and batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30 mins (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean)
- Let cool before cutting into bars. Continue with frosting recipe if desired.